Saturday 1 September 2012

Fourth Interlude - Part Fourteen


“What...” I began, then paused to gather my wits. “Doing what?”

“Plot surfing. Story jumping. Cliché riding. Whatever you call it, following narrative strands in the Weave. You tried to lose me in a Batman daydream, which is pretty desperate if you ask me.”

“How are you managing to follow me? It's incredible.”

“Partly experience, it's something you have to learn when you hide in the Weave. But mostly quantum resonance,” She smiled again. “When we shook hands. Technically we're entangled now, so I know where you go. They developed it way back for agents like us.”

“Like us?”

“You didn't think you were the first agent to have got lost, did you?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.