Sunday 30 September 2012

Episode 5 - Chapter 26


Robert sinks to his knees, blinking, as the pain begins to recede.

“Oh God,” he gasps, “I remember.”

“Jolly good,” replies the voice he remembers as Tom. Robert is sure he recognises the voice, but it's different as well. The accent has changed for a start, so has the tone. In the meadow he'd sounded like a stoned American teenager, while now he sounds like a private school master or professional butler. “How are you feeling?”

“Like I lost myself. What happened?”

“You drifted off is the simplest way to explain it. That's what happens in the collective subconscious, all that is you fades from view. My fault, of course, I thought you'd be immune, given your background and everything. Terribly sorry. You're going to need a mnemonic after all.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.