Tuesday 4 September 2012

Fourth Interlude - Part Seventeen


Obviously I took the deal, or I wouldn't be here talking to you. When the wolf turned up a few moments later my arm was out in seconds, I didn't want there to be any misunderstanding. We shook a very firm handshake.

“Thank you,” he said quietly, “It is a good decision. You will not regret it.” He turned to Finch and they exchanged a look for a moment, then he walked away, gradually becoming more translucent until he had disappeared completely.

“Where'd he go?” I asked.

“Back to his wilderness somewhere,” Finch replied.

The thing is, he was right. I haven't regretted it, not one little bit. Which brings us, my friend, to you. Any minute now, my partner is going to walk through that door, eager to get back to her nesting. The question for you is simple: will you shake her hand?

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.