Monday 24 September 2012

Episode 5 - Chapter 20


“Maybe it's the frozen vampire!” I giggled.

“Mary!” Edward scowled, making that face he does when I do something he disapproves of.

“The what?” Oak demanded over the steady rumble.

“The frozen vampire,” Edward told him. “Just ignore her.”

“No,” Oak replied, “I think I should know everything about this 'frozen vampire'.”

“It was a thing with the children,” I explained, “When he was little, James was terrified of the cellar. Had proper tantrums about going down there. Turned out his brother had told him it was a coffin with a vampire in it. We told him if there was a vampire, he'd be frozen stiff. He still wouldn't go anywhere near it, mind. I think it was me that started it. If I wanted something from the freezer, I'd declare I was going to ask the frozen vampire for it.”

Oak's face darkened. “That is not good news,” he said.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.