Monday 13 August 2012

Episode 4 - Chapter 95


 “Yes? What is it?”

“I remember there was a lot of laughter,” Robert tells him. The breeze has died down a little but the laughter and barking are much louder, almost as if the dog were right there with them, making it difficult for him to concentrate.

“Banjo be quiet,” he commands without thinking. “Sorry,” he tells Tom, “I forgot where I was for a moment.”

“Don't worry,” Tom replies. “You're doing very well. Is there anything else?”

“Mum's got this saying, she's always going on about the day the cloud lifted. I never realised when I was a kid but I think that was it, I think that's the day she's talking about, the day we had that picnic, the day the cloud lifted.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.