Saturday 25 August 2012

Fourth Interlude - Part Seven


Lupus reluctantly let me go. I couldn't hear it, but I was sure he was still snarling.

“We know who you are,” Finch told me. “You're Fisher, Martes penanti, once an agent of the Forest. Something terrible happened, and you needed to take a break. We're here to find out if you're ready to return to the Forest now?”

Well I wasn't expecting that. “No,” I told her, “No, I'm not. I can't do those things again, I just want to go home.”

Lupus spat with contempt. “There is no home without the Forest.”

“That's what we're told, but I don't think it's quite true. What about the cats?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.