Monday 27 August 2012

Fourth Interlude - Part Nine


“Why do you think we're going to help you?” Finch asked. “You suddenly seem very sure of yourself.”

She was right, I was very sure of myself. “Because I know where the pressure points are, between the Warp and the Weave. I know where there's cracks and tears. If you don't do as I've asked, if the Forest doesn't do as I ask, I'll use them. I'll let some of them use them. There will be chaos in the Warp beyond the scope of the Forest to rebalance.”

Lupus pushed past Finch, lunging at me once more, but I was expecting that. Nothing so predictable as a dog, am I right? As I span and flipped round him once more I heard him growl “We do this one my way.”

“We have our orders,” Finch replied. Looking at me once more she said “No. We cannot do as you request. Do your worst.” And she smiled.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.