Tuesday 21 August 2012

Fourth Interlude - Part Three


That's how I came to be there, stood in that alley, waiting for an agent to show up. I knew one would come sooner or later. By stepping back into the Warp I'd created an imbalance, and the Forest wouldn't stand for that. But you see I'd had enough of running and hiding. I'd spent so much time in the Weave I was beginning to talk like them, think like them, and I just wanted to go home. To go back to the forests and rivers where I belong. It'd been so long since I ate a good porcupine, I'd forgotten how tasty they are.

It's not long before my patience is rewarded and an agent emerges from the shadows, casually glancing from side to side.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.