Sunday 26 August 2012

Fourth Interlude - Part Eight


“What about what cats?” Finch asked me. “You're not making any sense.”

“I'm making perfect bloody sense,” I retorted. “Cats. Live in the Warp. Wander in the Weave. Have nothing whatsoever to do with the Forest. I want that.”

“We don't have that kind of authority,” she said, “I'm not even sure what would.”

“I know,” I replied, keeping both eyes fixed firmly on the wolf. I knew I was about to get cocky and didn't want his teeth at my neck. “But you're going to try and find out, and when you do, you'll get them to make the decision.”

Lupus lunged toward me but I was ready, spinning round his advance to put Finch between the two of us.

“I really think you should put a lead on your dog,” I told her.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.