Thursday 30 August 2012

Fourth Interlude - Part Twelve


There were sirens in the night, police lights in the distance. I heard the swish of a cape and the sound of bats. Oh yes, I thought, this'll do nicely.

Finch stepped up behind me. She started to speak, but I cut her short.

“Shh! Listen, it's nearby.”

She stopped to listen, confusion growing on her face. I want her to pay attention to our surroundings, to get drawn into the story we've run into.

Confusion turned to panic as she remembered. We've just robbed a bank, there were gunshots, two officers down. Some kind of... uh... call it a creature, assaulted us as we made our getaway. We escaped but it tracked us here. Now we were trapped in this warehouse, the creature nearby.

“Find somewhere to hide,” I told her. “I'll lead it away. Meet me at the hotel in two hours.”

She nodded dumbly, eyes casting around for a suitable hidey-hole.

I raced to the warehouse door and pushed through.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.