Tuesday 28 August 2012

Fourth Interlude - Part Ten


 Her words would have frozen me to the spot if it hadn't been for the angry wolf turning to attack again. I thought discretion would be better than valour, and clicked my heels together whispering “There's no place like home...” as I did. That was my door back into the Weave, fairytale slippers they're called. No idea how they work, but they got me back to my little corner of the shifting swirling maelstrom of madness that was still my home. It's not much, my place: a simulation of a small patch of dense forest, but it's a place to escape the bedlam and it was the best my fledgling imagination could maintain at the time.

“I love what you've done with the place.” Somehow, Finch had followed me.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.