Wednesday 22 August 2012

Fourth Interlude - Part Four


The sweeping glance, by the way, is beautifully executed. The arc of her hair as her head turns draws attention away from the scrutiny she grants her surroundings, while still managing to pass off as nonchalant. She's medium height, short red hair in a blue cap, wearing a mac. I'm not sure why but I got the distinct impression she's a bird of some kind, probably European.

I'm about to call out and get the proceedings under way when the most unexpected thing happens: a second agent steps out behind her. You could have knocked me down with a feather I was so surprised. That never happens. The two agents, I mean, not me being surprised. Hide in the Weave for a spell and you get used to surprises. But two agents? That never happens, am I right?

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.