Saturday 1 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 55

 I flung open the living room door and, before I had chance to think my actions through, charged into the hallway. I'd like to say that I didn't know what I was thinking, taking such a rash course of action. Considering all the untoward doings that had been going on that night, there could have been anything waiting out there. And I mean anything. But the truth is, I knew exactly what I was doing. Like I said before, by that time I'd had enough of being pushed around by things that go bump in the night. Whatever was out there, for once I was going to face it head on, and consequences be damned. If the bogeyman was waiting for me, well, he was going to get a punch on the nose.

And what actually happened, of course, is so much more mundane than anything I might have imagined. I barrelled into the hallway ready for a fight, only to be met by nothing, nothing out of the ordinary whatsoever.


“Oh,” I think I might have exclaimed, more than a little surprised.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.