Tuesday 11 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 65

 “Step back now,” Oak commanded forcefully, stepping forward to literally shove me away from my daughter-in-law's unconscious body.

“Steady on,” I responded as I regained my posture, “There's no need to be so rough!”

“I believe there is every need,” Oak replied curtly. “Neither you nor your wife seem to grasp the gravitas of this situation. You both blithely ignore my warnings, disregard my instructions and carry on as you bloody well please.”

“I was just checking on Fiona,” I told him, “Making sure she's okay.”

“What about the door?” Mary asked, “I'm sure there's something out there.”

Oak looked me in the eye, a cold dark look bereft of any emotion. “And when the girl wakes up,” he said, “How do you know it will be your daughter-in-law?”

“What?” I asked, surprised by the question. “Who else would it be?”

Oak's eyebrows raced up his forehead as he tutted loudly.


“The door?” my wife asked again. “What are we going to do about the door?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.