Tuesday 18 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 72

 Fiona can still feel something in her eye, taunting her at the edge of her vision. She blinks again, somehow unsurprised when the giant eyelid before flashes closed for a moment, but the irritant is still there. That blink is followed by several more, each of which is mirrored in front of her. She's about to rub her face with her right hand when she suddenly stops herself, left hand grabbing right. “Let's not be foolish,” she whispers to herself between clenched teeth, “I could easily make this ridiculous situation much worse.”

The more time passes, the more aware she is of the speck in her eye, her blinking becoming almost uncontrollable, the eyelid before her flashing back and forth, a giant guillotine with lashes.


“If I am the speck in my own eye,” she starts to reason, “Then the eye before me is me.” She pauses, almost confused by her own train of thought. “I sound like one of those bloody self-help zen manuals,” she says, “When all I really need is to get inside myself.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.