Wednesday 5 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 59

 “What...?” I began to ask, but the scowl on Oak's face quickly shut me up.

“Listen,” he said quietly, his right index finger pointing upwards at thin air.

I looked at my husband as we both paused to listen, both of us watching Oak as we did.

“Can you hear that?” he asked.

Personally I couldn't hear a thing, and told him so.

“Is somebody knocking at a door?” Edward asked.

Oak nodded cautiously.

“I can't hear it,” I said, already suspicious that this was another one of his tricks.

“You have to listen carefully,” Edward said, his head cocked to his left. “....There!” he continued, did you hear that?”


That time I thought I did hear something: a dull, distant thudding, as if someone were knocking on a door at the other end of the village.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.