Thursday 20 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 74

 Everything was quiet for a moment. I was stood behind Oak, so I couldn't see his face, but the tension in his shoulders told me everything I needed to know about his attitude.

“What is this?” my wife asked, “What's going on?”

“Step out of the way, Mary,” Oak commanded.

“What?” she asked, then “Why? It's only Raven.”

“We can't be sure of that,” Oak replied.

“Of course it's Raven,” she said, looking from one to the other, “I mean, look at him! Who else could it be?”

“It looks like him,” Oak said, “I'll not dispute that. But looks can be deceiving, so let's just make sure before we get too comfortable.”


Raven sighed. “He's right, Mary,” he said wearily, “You have no proof who I am, step aside and let him do what he must.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.