Wednesday 19 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 73

 “It is you, isn't it?” Raven asked, looking straight at me. “May I come in?”

I have to admit, seeing him there took me by surprise. I don't know what I had been expecting, but it wasn't him. I could feel my mouth hanging open with surprise, then realisation slowly dawned, and with it a sense of mild relief. I pulled the door open feeling a smile settle on my face.

“Yes, of course, of course it's me,” I said, “Do come in.”

Raven stepped forward, into the hallway, shaking himself a little as he did. He was about to say something more when Oak's voice filled the hall. “Hold it right there,” he commanded, “Don't take another step.”

“I beg your pardon?” Raven asked, still looking at me.


“I said stop right there,” Oak said, standing in the living room doorway. He was holding a twig or branch of some kind, which he was pointing at Raven. “Do not move another muscle.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.