Wednesday 26 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 80

Tug the string in his hand twitches between Robert's fingers, Tug, Tug.

“Resist or surrender!” Without prompting, the challenge presents itself in his mind.

“What?” he asks himself, quickly followed by his own reply. “I can resist that pulling, or follow it and surrender. The choice is all mine.”

“How do I know that?” he wonders.

Tug the string twitches, ever more insistent. Tug, tug.

“I shouldn't worry about it,” he tells himself, “Just make a choice: follow the string or let it go.”


“I think I might be finally going mad,” he thinks, even as a decision is made in the recesses of his mind. “Oh well, here goes...” he says, grasping the string with his other hand to pull himself forward.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.