Friday 14 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 68

 Neither of them were listening to me. Please, don't misunderstand me, I was feeling a mild wash of relief that my daughter-in-law appeared to be emerging from her coma like sleep, even if she wasn't actually regaining consciousness yet. I even stole a glance or two at my boy, in the hope that I might see him display similar signs. But there was something happening at our front door, something definitely unexplained, and neither my husband nor Oak seemed to be the least bit concerned about it.

“What about the door?” I asked once more, but the two if them just continued their bickering over Fiona's body. “Never mind,” I declared, “I'll see to it myself.”


Stepping into the hallway, I immediately spotted the front door handle twisting and turning. I could hear a voice too, shouting somewhere in the distance. “Oh well,” I mumbled to myself, “In for a penny...” and I reached forward to open the door.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.