Friday 21 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 75

 Reluctantly, Mary takes a step backwards, leaving Raven and Oak to face each other.

“Oak,” Raven says by way of greeting, “I can only assume that events have taken on a truly strange aspect for the Forest to have sent you.”

Oak almost smiles: a thin, officious line that cuts across his face. “Shall we save the pleasantries for later?” he asks, “Can you prove who you are?”

“You know I can not,” Raven replies sourly, “While you also know exactly who I am.”

“Suspect,” Oak corrects him, “I suspect I know who you are, but I have no way to be certain.”


“Then we are at an impasse,” Raven states, “Any suggestions as to how we might proceed?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.