Saturday 15 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 69

 “That's just the question, isn't it?” Oak replied to my question, “If....when the girl wakes up, we really don't know who, or what, will wake up with her.” He looked at the clothesline still in a tangled heap by his feet. “Perhaps it would be wise to restrain her now,” he said, “While it is still us who are in control.”

Before I could reply he's gathered the line in his hands and begun to wrap it round Fiona's left wrist, fastening it tight to the arm of her chair.

“You can't be serious,” I challenged him, “For heaven's sake, she's only a girl.”

“She is, yes,” he said, moving to Fiona's right side to fasten her other arm, “But she may not come back alone, or something may come in her place. Better to be cautious now than regretful later.”

I understood the sense in what he was saying, but somehow it just didn't seem right.


“What do you think, Mary?” I asked my wife, “Does this seem sensible to you?” That's when I realised my wife had gone.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.