Sunday 23 March 2014

Episode 9 - Chapter 77

 “Oh for goodness' sake,” I said, brushing Oak's arm with my hand, “It's obviously Raven, I mean, just look at him.”

“Obviously looks like Raven,” Oak replied, “But looks can be deceiving.”

“We don't have time for this,” Raven said, taking a step forward towards Oak and the living room.

“I told you to hold it right there,” Oak commanded, brandishing his stick at Raven once more.

Raven stopped moving, raising his hands to shoulder level. “Easy,” he said, “Let's not be doing anything rash.”

“Rash?” Oak demanded, “You suggest I might do something rash. You? You who deserted your post, if you are Raven at all.”

“Deserted my post? I...” For a moment I think Raven was lost for words. “I did no such thing.”

“If you are Raven,” Oak replied contemptuously, “You left this house in the middle of a massive imbalance.”


“I followed the first rule,” Raven spat in reply, “I gathered information.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.