Tuesday 1 July 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 51

 “Another entity?” Mary exclaimed, obviously shocked. “What other entity? What's it talking about?” I could tell she was starting to get worked up about it.

Fiona obviously thought the same thing. She reached out to place a calming hand on Mary's shoulder. “It's okay,” she said, “There's nobody else here.”

“Then what's he talking about?” Mary demanded, “What other entity?”

“They mean the Angel,” Fiona told her, adding quickly “He's not here....but he can....talk to me. In fact, he wont shut up, which is starting to get on my nerves somewhat.”

We heard the sound of a throat clearing impatiently, followed by an expectant silence. Fiona looked round, patted Mary gently on the arm while mouthing the words “Don't worry,” and smiling reassuringly.

“My lords,” she said loudly, “As you have just heard, there is no other creature here. But, due to the nature of this place, the Peacock Angel can speak directly to myself, and to my husband, should he choose to listen.”

“Can he?” I asked, feeling more surprised than ever.


Somewhere behind me, very feint but also clear as day, an almost familiar voice said “But of course.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.