Sunday 6 July 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 56

 It took me a while to cotton on to what Fiona was actually talking about. My husband was being as useless as ever: staring into space with that stupid glazed expression on his face, obviously not paying any attention whatsoever. When I first noticed him, it did make me marvel at how quickly we can adapt to even the most bizarre situations and experiences. All of the weird goings on, these strange creatures coming and going. Not just Raven, and he was certainly strange enough, but Oak and Rose, that rainbow assassin, cats that looked like people, the whole shebang. And now there we were, all crowded into our living room along with heavens knows what type of creatures Raven had summoned, all being lectured by our daughter-in-law.

I'd just started to wonder what had happened to those two cats when the penny finally dropped and I understood what Fiona was saying.


“Just a moment,” I said, feeling the cold shock of comprehension ripple through me, “You're talking about the future of out house, our home, aren't you?”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.