Saturday 26 July 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 76

 I followed Raven as he proceeded cautiously up the stairs. He paused to examine every step, poking at each riser with his finger.

“Do you think that's really necessary?” I asked, feeling a little bit frustrated. I just wanted to get on with it, you see, get up there and find the little rascals before they could do any damage.

“I have no idea what we're dealing with,” he replied, “Which is more unusual than you might think. In such circumstances, I believe it's better to be overly cautious rather than regret our haste at some point in the future.”

I have to say, I was struck by his candour, and I had to say as much. “That's very honest of you,” I replied, “I got the impression that you people like to appear in control.”

“Usually we do,” he said, pausing to tap the banister, “It helps to cut through the hysteria that often accompanies the situations we are called to attend.”

“But not now?” I asked, feeling a little bit cowed.


“No,” he replied ominously.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.