Monday 21 July 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 71

 “M'lady,” Strauss began to reply, “We really have no idea what you're...”

“DON'T!” Fiona interrupted, “Please, just don't. I can see it all around you, something different. Something wrong.”

Even beneath their cowl, Strauss seemed nervous, uncomfortable. “M'lady...” they began again, but were cut short once more, this time by both cats suddenly hissing like mad, their bodies tensing, eerie moans coming from their throats.

“We are sorry,” Strauss said. There was a really loud bang, a bright flash of light and Strauss was suddenly engulfed in a huge cloud of smoke.

“What the blazes,” Dad shouted as smoke billowed through the room.

I couldn't see a thing, not even my hand right in front of me. I heard a dull thump, followed by another, then the shuffling of small feet. “Got you!” Oak exclaimed, somewhere across the room.


“Get a window open,” Mum shouted. I heard the slamming of doors before the smoke got to my lungs and I was forced to double over with coughing fits.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.