Sunday 27 July 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 77

 “Make sure you're thorough,” Fiona shouted as I left the living room, “Check everywhere.”

So when I got in the kitchen, that's exactly what I did. I started with the food cupboards, since they were nearest the door, shifting packets of cuppa soup and dusty tins of tuna, scouring every nook and cranny for any trace of our wayward midgets. The crockery cupboards came next, pushing piles of plates and chipped mugs from one side to another, leaving no plate or saucer unturned. When I got to the cupboard under the sink I had to fight my way past an avalanche of carrier bags, only to find half empty bottles of bleach and unused scourers. I even searched the kitchen draws, moving piles of tea towels and rolls of cling film.


There was nothing to be found, no trace at all. I turned my attention to the fridge, then the freezer, both of which had no secrets to discover. Finally I came to the washing machine, its' stainless steel drum sparkling and empty, and at last the dish washer. Pulling open the door I saw the rack was almost empty: no plates or cups, no glasses or bowls, but there in the centre, sat all alone, a tiny pair of shoes.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.