Saturday 19 July 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 69

 “No,” Raven replied, “No they don't. A mythology only survives when all its' participants believe in it's truth.”

I didn't understand what they were talking about. I was about to ask, but one look at Raven's face made me think twice. A deep frown had settled over his brow, as if he were suddenly lost in thought. “A Fallacy, yes,” he muttered, scratching at his chin. “But a Dangerous Misconception? Never heard of such a thing. Something's wrong there, very wrong...”

Fiona had her eyes very firmly on Strauss, while her hands were occupied with fussing the cats. Strauss himself, or themselves, whichever it should be, stood still in the corner. Despite that, there was something about their demeanour that made me feel uncomfortable. He, or they, gave off an air of anxiety or nervousness. Which, now I come to think about it, was only to be expected really, what with the way Fiona was staring at them.

“Do you think we'll have to wait long?” I asked.

Nobody replied. For a second or two I actually wondered if anybody had heard me.


“That's a hard question to answer,” it was Oak who finally spoke, “The Council perceives time differently to your kind.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.