Sunday 13 July 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 63

 Fiona paused, allowing time for her words to sink in. I took that as my opportunity.

“I know that this is important to you,” I said to her, “But I really do have to ask about our house, especially after what Oak said. I don't care if the house is too big for us, it's our home. It should be up to us when we decide to move, not some grumpy old tree.”

Oak looked mortified, I don't know why. Then everybody began to speak at once.

“Let the council consider the evidence,” Raven said.

“Now Mary, let's just see what transpires,” was my husband's contribution.

Robert was saying I should relax, but I missed the next bit, and I think Oak said something quite withering which I didn't catch at all. I just saw his expression change, which was enough for me.

“Quiet!” Fiona commanded, cutting across all the voices, returning the room to silence.

“I don't want to lose my home,” I said, probably sounding quite pathetic.


“And you wont,” she replied, “There's no need for any of this to affect you or Edward. Don't worry, I'll explain it to you later. Just know for now you have nothing to fear.”

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.