Wednesday 9 July 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 59

 I was livid. After what Oak had said, I had a good mind to tell everybody to leave, get out of my house and never come back. Raven, Oak, that Strauss creature, or creatures, whatever they were, even my son and his wife: I just wanted them all to go away.

But before I could speak, the cats walked in, both of them, side by side. I say walked, really they arrived doing that funny little scamper that cats do, allowing them to “suddenly” appear at the centre of everybody's attention. The funny thing was, this time you could see both their forms, women and felines, at the same time. Not alternating between one and the other, as they had in the past, but cat and human occupying exactly the same space. It was very disconcerting, even in the middle of all our other troubles.


They jumped onto the table, both of them approaching the mound of earth, noses twitching with interest. They circled it together, occupying opposite sides, tails held high, completely silent. Then the dark haired girl noticed Strauss and dropped into a defensive crouch, hackles raised, hissing.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.