Saturday 5 July 2014

Episode 10 - Chapter 55

 She was speaking for quite a long time, in the end. To be honest, once she'd got past the initial idea of Forest and Weave cooperating she started to lose me. There was a lot of talk about “real world interfaces” and “orientation” and whatnot. After a while I just stopped paying attention. She obviously knows what she's talking about, I thought, let her get on with it.

Funnily enough, I assumed we....by which I mean our home really, were out of danger. Fiona was going to save us, or so I believed, and that was that. I didn't give it another thought. Foolish really, when I think about it.


Instead, I became fascinated by the face of the Nomad. It was just there, one wall of our living room taken over by a giant silver face. It didn't speak, or interact with anybody else in the room at all. You'd have taken it for a sculpture of some kind, albeit a particularly odd one, if it hadn't blinked every few minutes. I really wanted to go and touch it, provoke some kind of response, but I resisted the temptation. In fact I just stood there, minding my P's and Q's, waiting to see what happened next.

Creative Commons Licence
Twixt the Warp and the Weft by Gavin White is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.